Don’t bother counting calories or restricting food groups from your diet, those aren’t long term solutions. When watching what you eat, think quality over quantity. You are more likely to stick to a certain diet if you don’t deprive yourself from the foods you love most! Moderation is the key to success.
1. Think about what you can modify or add to your diet rather than what to take away. Fill up on vegetables, this will leave you less hungry and let’s face it beneficial to your health. Need I say more….
2. Drink plenty of water. Try adding some fresh citrus to change it up.
3. Still enjoy your favourite foods but in moderation.
4. Eat several mini meals a day. Enjoy 4-6 small meals throughout the day. This will keep you full and control blood glucose levels as well as cravings.
5. Have protein at each meal. Protein sources may include chicken, turkey, eggs, legumes, hummus, beans, nuts, seeds, fish, cheese, tofu, etc…
6. Add some fiber to your snacks. this will keep you fuller longer, stabilize your blood sugars and control cravings.
7. Consider if you are really hungry or if you are eating to satisfy your emotions.
8. Be physically active at least 30 minutes per day.
9. Get enough sleep. Too little, and your body won’t function properly and will retain fluids.
10. Watch your sugar intake. When reading a label, make sure the sugar content is 8g or lower. Keep an eye out for hidden sugar in foods. Look for ingredients that end in “-ose.”
Having trouble shedding those extra pounds? Contact me and we can tailor a specialized diet that fits your individual needs.